OFBiz provides a suite of enterprise applications that integrate and automate many of the of an enterprise. OFBiz is packed with powerful ERP features, is extremely easy to implement and use, comprehensive in its scope, modular and flexible, fully customizable, totally secure and incredibly robust. In addition the web user interface on OFBiz improves productivity, accelerates user adoption and expands accessibility.
OFBiz provides a 360-degree view of your business, from e-commerce, order management, fulfillment and warehouse management through manufacturing, purchasing and accounting.
1. Flexible, easy and cost effective to adapt.
2. Sound entity model and framework: great development environment.
3. Good basis for an enterprise service bus.
4. Cost savings: no license costs
5. Open system model making use of open standards.
6. Not dependent on a single company: owned by the Apache foundation
7. Large open source community.
8. Already in use by large companies.
9. Based on Apache/Tomcat for good scalability.
10. High Compatibility -OFBiz’s compatibility with numerous application servers, database servers, and operating systems drastically reduces the initial hardware and software investment required by your OFBiz initiative.
11. Many Application Functions Pre-Built – Over 50 function points are included with OFBiz, reducing the customization costs required by your implementation. Some users can deploy straight out of the box
OFBiz Functional Modules and Features:
OFBiz is a foundation framework based on JEE providing OOTB functionality including:
- advanced e-commerce
- catalog management
- promotion & pricing management
- order management (sales & purchase)
- customer management (part of general party management)
- warehouse management
- fulfilment (auto stock moves, batched pick, pack & ship)
- accounting (invoice, payment & billing accounts, fixed assets)
- manufacturing management
- general work effort management (events, tasks, projects, requests, etc)
- content management (for product content, web sites, general content, blogging, forums, etc)